Sunday, September 23, 2012

Events

While living in Uganda the past 4.5 years I have missed out on a lot of family birthday parties, a graduation, a good friend's wedding and other significant life events for people in the States.  One of the reasons I was looking forward to moving back was to be able to participate in these times of celebration.  Yesterday was Brady's first birthday party and I was thinking about how grateful I was to be there with this little guy:


I know there are many more parties and events to look forward to!  I am also grateful for all the birthdays and events I got to celebrate with people in Uganda. Seeing how a different culture celebrates gave me a different perspective on aging, and what is worthy of a party. 

 Here are some other pictures from the party yesterday, I just downloaded Instagram so this is my first try on these photos!

Birthday Boy

The party scene from the tree house

Cake pops!

Jen, the great party organizer

Sister time

Buddies

1 comment:

  1. Yay! We're so excited that you were here to be part of this celebration and look forward to the MANY more! love you!

    ReplyDelete