One thing I have been thinking about for a while was making a photo book about my experiences in Uganda. I thought it would be a good way to show people my life there and something permanent for me to keep. I started working on it earlier this year, using the Iphoto book option. This worked well for me since I didn't have to upload any photos but could just use the ones that were already on my computer. I worked on it on and off the past months and finished it in June, hoping to be able to take it with me on my travels.
I got it the night I returned from California and am so pleased with it! It is a big hardcover book with about 50 pages. I decided to go with a pretty simple layout and minimal descriptions. Here is the cover:
| First page |
I broke things down in to a few categories- friends, work, the university, trips, visitors and some of my favorite pictures. While doing the book I ended up using a lot of photos visitors had taken since they were taking more pictures of everyday things. I also used some student photos that I collected over time.
| Pictures of Zanzibar trip |
I am excited to show my book to people so if you are seeing me soon expect to have to look at it! It was good for me to sift through thousands of photos to put the book together, to think about all the past 4.5 years have contained. There are so many small moments that don't have pictures but hopefully having a photo book will help me remember and others to be curious.
Tomorrow I am off to Maine for 3 weeks, so will post on that in August!
No comments:
Post a Comment