Monday, July 23, 2012

California continued

I got back late last night from my California visit.  On the trip back I was thinking I could write a whole blog post about the differences between domestic and international travel, but I won't go there right now!  Being back in Pennsylvania also makes me think about the differences between the two coasts, and how both are great in their own ways.  I definitely enjoyed getting to spend time near the ocean and appreciated all the fun and interesting things I got to do on the West Coast.

For the 2nd half of my time in California I stayed with my wonderful cousin, Kaitlin.  She showed me around some fun places and, of course, getting to catch up with her was the best part.

Wine tasting in SB

Hiking nearby

Last night in California- fish tacos and margaritas
I also got to see 3 Uganda related people which I loved- getting to share memories and catch up on life in the States.  I am realizing that there are going to be "Uganda people" everywhere- students, other former staff, and being in California made me realize I want to make an intentional effort to seek them out wherever I am.

Now I have a few days before making the trip to Maine- I am really doing the extremes of the US this summer!  Another blog post will probably be coming this week...  

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear how you are getting on - and about the job! Well done - that is fab! Rosie x

    ReplyDelete