Since leaving Uganda about a month ago my time has been filled with travel, people and adjustments. Looking back over pictures from the month it is hard to believe I was still in Uganda a month ago! It seems like a lot of time and events have passed since then. A few pictures below will summarize some of what June has contained:
1) A trip to England to visit the Buttons in Gloucester and meet up with my parents in London.
![]() |
| With Abigail and Alex at Sudley Castle. |
| View of the city from the London Eye which I rode with my mom |
2) Returning to the States and getting to see family and friends.
| My very cute nephews |
| Family dinner the week I returned |
| The Gordon crew at the reunion |
| Discussion group time- I am with a group of students on the left |
| Wonderful friends (and picture!) |
| Visiting Philadelphia |
Getting to see several friends (Rosie and Dan, Lisa and Eddie) who have made the transition from Africa and hearing about their experiences and insights.
Reconnecting with the USP staff and students as I officially finish my job, and feeling like many of those connections will be ongoing.
Traveling to big places like London and DC and also getting to be at friends homes and familiar places.
Enjoying the small luxuries of the States like smooth roads, take out food, good phone and internet connections and being a part of my own culture.
There are a lot more things I could say about my initial arrival back but may save some of those observations for a later post. I have to admit, it is a bit harder than I thought to put down how I am feeling about this move but I am hopeful I will be able to articulate it more over time.

We were glad to see you too just sorry we didn't bring in our camera for a picture! Can't wait to see you again soon in Santa Barbara!
ReplyDeletenext visit, beach, palm trees, other coast... see you soon gwyn, good to see you last week-dj
ReplyDelete