Sunday, June 3, 2012

My last day in Uganda (in pictures)

Woke up to tea and checking email, getting ready for the day

One final load of laundry, I will not miss this funny little washer!

Walk up Monkey Hill for the last time

View from the top, Mukono town and area

Of course, saw some monkeys!

Final packing and cleaning up the house

Reading up on arriving in London in my guidebook

Had several visitors come by, Brendah helping me weigh my luggage!

Loading up in the USP van

Heading out from the house

On Jinja Rd, taking in some final Uganda road scenes  
Pizza dinner in Entebbe with Jordan, Vincent, Brendah and Jones

After checking in and going through immigration, getting a final fresh passion juice at the airport

Now I am in Amsterdam, getting ready to fly to England.  I am not quite processing that I have left Uganda and am not going back at the end of the summer.  For now, I am looking forward to seeing friends and my parents in England and feeling grateful for a good "last" day in Uganda.

No comments:

Post a Comment