The past few weeks since students departed has been a mix of finishing up things at work, cleaning out and packing my house and saying goodbyes. It is certainly a bittersweet time of feeling loved and appreciated while also preparing to leave.
This morning, Rachel and I had an intern appreciation brunch to recognize all the hard work our interns do. Check out those smiling faces and delicious food:
| Jordan, Jones, Rachel, Brendah, Julie
Over the weekend I went with some friends for a fancy lunch and celebration at Kampala's Serena Hotel, I ate myself silly for sure:
|
At the buffet I saw the largest round of cheese ever and had to take a picture!
Earlier this week was a goodbye dinner with staff, it was very sweet and our matching outfits got to be used a second time. A few pictures were taken beforehand:
Once we got there the electricity was off most of the night so we ate by candlelight, we got a few group shots at the end with this being the best one:
![]() |
| Silly USP staff |
I am headed out to dinner tonight with some friends for another goodbye time and then leaving this weekend for Kenya for a visit. It certainly feels like my time here is ending quickly, just trying to appreciate all the special and normal moments in these final few weeks.

nice but i love the monkeys.
ReplyDelete