Last night at fellowship on campus we prayed for rain. Since so many Ugandans farm it is an issue of food for many. I think about spring in the States and how moist and green it is, it seems almost magical. I know it is still winter in the US right now (which has it's own issues) but the anticipation of spring is exciting, possibly matched by the anticipation of rain here.
But life goes on despite the dust and dryness...
One of highlights of this past no-rain month was meeting Dorothy's new baby, Noll. I got to visit within 24 hours of his birth and I think there is nothing like meeting a newborn:
He was getting a lot of attention during our visit! This is Hannah (Dr. Jean's daughter) with her beautiful smile.
Another highlight was a few weeks ago I made a Moroccan stew inspired by my time there last year. Stew may not seem like the most likely hot weather meal but I feel like it turned out well and was enjoyed by my friends/ coworkers. The stew simmering:
Some post-stew Bananagrams (Kaitlin those are yours!)
Life seems to slow down a bit during the dry season with the heaviness of the weather. The same can be said for winter and it's cold days and dark nights- but we can along look ahead to the promise of rain or spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment